Thursday, July 28, 2011

Encounters

For a number of reasons, including a four week summer school course, this blog had been left alone for a long period of time before yesterday. I don't plan to remedy that by posting daily, but I am hoping to be a bit more frequent for the time being. I'll start by sharing a few things that I've encountered across the internet recently that you might find useful.
  • John MacArthur's series directed toward the YRR crowd has been met with predictable chagrin, but I've found both posts to be convicting and necessary.
  • Speaking of John MacArthur, if you're not moved by this video, you probably don't have a pulse. What an accomplishment. What a testimony of grace.
  • This article over at My Two Cents puts a fresh, welcome perspective on youth mission trips.
  • My dad (the white guy in the Steve Irwin hat) just returned with a great group of people from Colonial Hills Baptist Church from a mission trip to Panama where they saw the gospel at work to the tune of over 400 professions of faith. If you want to see my dad in scrubs, or you just want to look at pictures from the trip (let me recommend the latter over the former), click here.
  • Finally - on the sports side of things (just to mix it up a bit): I rejoice today as I believe that this should go a long ways towards what I expect to be yet another New England sports championship.
More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment