Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Encounters II

I hope you had a great Labor Day.  I know I did.  I worked, and then attended two seminary afternoon and evening classes.  It was just like a normal Monday, only I worked harder. What a glorious holiday. Thanks Canada.

Similar to this post, I’d like to highlight a few things that I’ve come across throughout the past week that may be of some benefit for you:

I was ecstatic to find that this biography of Bonhoeffer for $1.99 via Kindle yesterday.  I’ve had my eye on it for some time, and I can’t wait to get into it as soon as possible.

John MacArthur nails it again in this postWhatever our religious background or heritage, in Christ we are free from all the trappings of it. We now live by God’s grace, which has the principle of true righteousness built in.

I want to recommend Pastor Brian Croft’s blog, Practical Shepherding to you.  I have it in my google reader, and am constantly challenged by its content.  He is immensely practical (as the observant among you may have guessed by the title), and very genuine.

I’ve been meditating on the text of Jesus paid it all in this setting this week and have been extremely blessed by the words of a glorious old hymn.
"For nothing good have I whereby thy grace to claim,
I’ll wash my garments white in the blood of Cavlry’s Lamb."
Think on that.

This post at Challies was also very convicting.  I often find myself convicted by my anemic prayer life.  This post provides some practical suggestions that may be of some help if you find yourself faced with the same struggle that I do.

On this dreary Wednesday, here’s a reason to smile – The NFL kicks off tomorrow night!

Grace to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment